Zoeterwoude, 23 May 2018
This policy pertains to Comtest Engineering bv.
This policy explains the types of information that we may collect and hold, how that information is used and with whom the data is shared. It further describes how you can contact us if you have any questions, concerns or complaints about this information.
Data protection principles
The data protection principles of this policy concerns Comtest Engineering. All processing of personal data by Comtest Engineering is conducted in accordance with the data protection principles as determined by Article 5 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament, with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, (hereafter referred to as the “GDPR”).
1. Intended use of personal data
Our website does not require any form of registration, allowing you to visit our site without telling us who you are. However, some services may require you to provide us with personal data, such as asking for a quotation or asking us to repair a previously purchased product. If you choose to withhold any personal data requested by us, it may not be possible to gain access to certain parts of our services and for us to respond to your query.
2. Data collection
Comtest Engineering’s collection and processing of your personal data is mainly done based on:
- Legal obligations under law,
- contractual obligations to provide you our products and services,
- your interest of us providing you with product and service information, updates, news about the latest product developments or other information which may allow you stay up-to-date with our activities and offerings.
Comtest Engineering may collect personal information about you via our website or via email. Personal information is any data that can be used to identify you as a person, for example;
- your name
- the name of the company you work for, including its address
- phone numbers
- e-mail addresses
Comtest Engineering does not collect personal data from social media services such as Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, SnapChat, TikTok or Instagram.
Comtest Engineering does not collect personal data from its website with the purpose of carrying out automated decisions or automated customer profiling activities.
Please take care when submitting personal data to us, in particular when completing free text fields, using Comtest Engineering’s website or email addresses. Some of our services are automated and we may not recognise that you have accidentally provided us with incorrect or sensitive information.
3. When you visit our website
You can visit our website without giving away personal information. Comtest Engineering does collect web analytics data, purely for improving our online presence and website. However, some features (“reCAPTCHA”) on this site use Google services, usage of this feature will transmit some information to Google. For information regarding Google’s privacy policies, see: https://policies.google.com/privacy
We do not collect information, such as your age, interests, bank details, or clickstream. Use of the online “Request for Proposal” “Contact Us” and “Application” forms will transmit entered form information to Comtest, including any personal details you chose to provide if you submit the form.
Google Analytics – If you are anti-Google you can opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics (we’d prefer you didn’t though as this data is seriously helpful to us in improving our website)
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
4. How do we protect your information?
We have implemented a number of technical and administrative measures to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use or alteration, including the following steps when appropriate:
- Using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring personal information, (SSL encryption is designed to make the data unreadable by anyone but Comtest Engineering).
- Limiting access rights to the information we collect about you (e.g., only those of our personnel who need your information to carry out our business activities are allowed access to process your information).
- Implementing physical, digital and procedural safeguards in line with relevant business standards and guidelines.
5. Access to your information
Comtest Engineering wishes to inform you that you have the right to access the information we have on you. You can do this by contacting us at email@example.com. We will make sure to provide you with a copy of the data we process about you. In order to comply with your request, we may ask you to verify your identity. We will fulfil your request by sending your copy electronically, unless the request expressly specifies a different method. For any subsequent access requests, we may charge you with an administrative fee.
6. Your choices
If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us, please send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain email
correspondence from us, such as messages relating to your customer account transactions, technical correspondence and instructions.
Furthermore, please take note that a complete removal of your user account or your email address will result in you not being able to use our products or service.
7. Contact us
If you need further assistance or would like to make a comment, you can contact us:
- By sending an email to email@example.com
- By sending a mail by post to Comtest Engineering BV, Hoge Rijndijk 205, 2382 AL Zoeterwoude, the Netherlands